DIY Carpet and Rug Cleaning
I understand DIY. I really do. We at Green Solutions are home owners and do almost everything ourselves from landscaping to a full blown bathroom remodel that included all new plumbing, electric and ripping up the entire subfloor. We even removed a wall, added floor joints and reframed to make the bathroom bigger. We did everything ourselves, except the drywall.
So why would I not expect everyone to do their own carpet cleaning? Good question.
Let me tell you how the story goes for most folks.
1. It will save you money! Well, not as much as you think. You have to drive to town (mileage) to rent (money) the machine and buy one or two bottles of their recommended cleaning agents (more money) to go with the machine.
2. Wrestle the machine into the car without damaging the interior. Please do not forget to return the machine late as they will charge you even more (money)! Now you are on a time line to get this thing back.
3. Read the instructions and setup the machine. Who are we kidding? We are dyed in the wool DIYers. We do not read instructions! Pour in the soap and water and fired that thing up!
4. Attempt to removed dirt from your carpet and remove spots and stains. This is where the rubber really meets the road. The technicians at Green Solutions have IICRC certification on how to properly clean carpet. The average American does not have training for this. It is not as easy as it looks and you really need to know a few things or it is possible to turn a spot into a permanent stain.
5. Stress and strain on the body. One of the first things that I noticed when I entered the Carpet Cleaning world was this. I no longer need to go to the GYM! This is hard work and it is not going to be easy for the DIY pro to pull that machine around for a few hours. If you do go this route, you are welcome to call me, Barry 540-705-6172, and I can recommend a great Chiropractor here in Harrisonburg.
6. You cannot guarantee your own work. However, Green Solutions does guarantee our work.
7. Our services are not as expense as you think. We can remove the fear of price. We offer a free in home estimate for your convenience. No pressure sales. More than likely I, Barry, will be the one doing the in home estimate. I am not a very good sales person but I would like to think I am above par as a carpet cleaner.
8. How valuable is you TIME. Now you know why I did not do the drywall myself. Some things are better left to the expert. I know a guy who does a fantastic job for a fair price.
We really can help you have a clean beautiful home for less than you think. Read some of our reviews on Google or our website and make your decision.
Owner and Chief Dirt Remover at Green Solutions.